Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

DIY Jewelry Holder Tutorial!

I have tons of jewelry and a lovely jewelry box to hold it all in (thanks to the boyfriend),
but it recently started to get a bit crowded in there so I decided I would make
a jewelry holder for my "play" jewelry and keep my nice stuff in the pretty jewelry box :)


I decided to go with a cheery yellow for mine!  I wanted to add a bit of color to my
neutral bathroom and thought this would give it the "pop" that I was going for!

Here is what you'll need to make one of your own:

                                 - Large picture frame (Remember when I got mine for $1 ?)
                                 - Chicken wire or garden wire (mine was $8 for 5 feet of wire)
                                 - Staple gun
                                 - Wire cutter

Instructions:

1.  After you've painted your picture frame the color of your choice, take your
chicken/garden wire and using your wire cutter cut the wire so that there is
excess wire to staple down on the sides of the frame.



2.  Staple the wire down to the back of your frame like so...
I stapled mine about every 4 inches to make sure it was secure.
Except for in this picture when I went a little staple crazy :)


(disregard the paper that accidently got stuck to the back of the frame!)


3. Take a look at your new jewelry holder!  Yes, it was that easy!!




Oh, and what do we have here? Could that be my new stella & dot earrings?



Why yes it is!  And don't they look adorable?




I can't wait to put my new jewelry holder to good use!
Just look at all the earrings, necklaces and bracelets I can fit on here!



Okay, one last shot of my sweet earrings I won :)



I hope everyone is enjoying this short work week!  I know I am!
Even though I have to work on Saturday...ugh!
Oh well...I don't want to think about that yet!

I want to send a big thank you to all my sweet and wonderful
readers who leave the nicest and most sincere comments.
Y'all are the BEST! :)




15 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I guess I need to make a trip to the thrift store to look for a great frame. Where did you get the wire?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great diy! i made one much less cute out of a cork board. i've seen someone use tiny s hooks for hanging necklaces on ones made with chicken wire. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah! My sister showed me how to make these a few years ago! love the color of your frame.
    I hang all of my earrings on them...
    cause if I can't see them, i forget about them!
    -elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this what a great idea. too funny too cause i posted today a chalkboard i made with a frame too. frames are just so useful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Congrats on winning your earrings too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous DIY project! amazing!
    xo tash

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kelley! I'm so glad you found me and I found you! And amazingly enough, this jewelry holder is EXACTLY what I've been needing, so thanks for your post! Fab blog.

    xx

    http://novembergrey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute holder & super cute blog!!
    ... & those earrings? awesome!! congrats

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! I've been meaning to do something fun like this for all my jewelry!

    (visiting from NFF)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am now following you thanks to New Friends Friday and it would be nice if you could share the love back on my blog!
    Also today we have the coolest blog hop there is... no rules just fun and would love you to join in with us at Boost My Blog Friday :)
    Plus, don't forget, if you need any help increasing your blog's traffic or easy HTML tutorials, you know where to come! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks...I'm soo gonna make this..I need one to display my necklaces in my shop:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. SUPER CUTE!!!
    Found you on saving money living life

    Stop by when you can!
    http://creativechicaldacs.blogspot.com

    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this project! Those earrings are beautiful! I hope you are having a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there. Just found your blog and love love love this idea. I'm doing my first craft fair in a couple weeks and I'm thinking of creating this to display my jewelry for sale. Thanks for the terrific tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so fun. Love the color. I'm hosting We're Organized Wednesday this week and would love for you to join the party. There's a giveaway too. Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I always love hearing from my readers!