Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Denim Dan




{Pants: Gap; Shirt: mommed; Cardigan: J. Crew; Shoes: Target; Pearls: mommed; Other necklace: F21}

While going through my blog roll last night I saw this outfit from KateIt completely
inspired my outfit for today.  When I started getting ready this morning it felt like
there was something missing from my outfit.  And then it hit me.  It was a total red
lipstick day.  Bada-bing bada-boom.  I felt like part Marilyn Monroe, part Audrey Hepburn.
It was fantastic.  And the outfit was comfortable.  And I felt great.  Amen.

Oh, and did you notice Maddie sneaking in the first two pictures?  She was given a
treat (It was a piece of ice.  She is really easy to please) and apparently she wanted
some camera time as well.  As you can obviously see in this photo...


Or maybe she just wanted more ice treats.

14 comments:

  1. i just have to say... that following your 30x30 challenge and even now... you're style is inspiration for me to try new things. Now if only i had more income to spend STRICTLY on wardrobe pieces. *le sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outfit...AND THE REDS LIPS ARE JUST AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look darling as usual! i would have never though to put this together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl, you ROCK that red lipstick! ps did i tell you that i went and found the ruffle jcrew cardigan because of you?! i searched no less than 5 j.crews & ended up buying it online on supersale! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww thanks for the mention! I'm glad I could inspire you...now if you could just inspire me to get gutsy enough to start rocking the red-lip :) You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally love this outfit... I would wear it in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're pants are very Audrey too. Love the red lip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tania at What Would a Nerd Wear recently did a great layered outfit with a jean shirt, too, and I really want to get in on this, ha! It's like a super exclusive denim shirt wearing club. Elaine (Clothed Much) wore her chambray today, too! I'm jealous of how great you all look!

    http://one-girl-vs-world.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the red lips! Avery (my dog) likes to sneak into pictures, too. And she comes running any time you open the freezer door (why do dogs love ice? It's beyond me).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww what a cute wittle puppy girl. :) I wouldn't have thought to have done this....nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute outfit! I love it! You are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love this outfit! I may just copy you this week. I need to find some black ankle pants like that. So Audrey Hepburn. So classic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I always love hearing from my readers!