Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011: What's to come


Happy New Year lovely readers!

I want to thank each of you for the continued love, support and friendship.
I can tell 2011 is going to be a great year already and I can't wait to see what's to come!
I've actually never made a New Year's resolution, but I do believe in making goals.

Here are a few goals I have for 2011...

1. Find a church I love and become active in Sunday school, small group or bible study:
I have to admit I have been awful this past year in attending church regularly and I miss
it terribly.  I loved being a part of my church in my hometown and have been craving
that connection to God and the fellowship with other Christians that I had before.
I want to find a church that I truly connect with in the current city I live in and make
those strong bonds again with my fellow Christians.  This is my number one goal for 2011.

2. Become more physically active:
This one has a few goals within it.  I used to workout all of the time and loved it.
I loved having that energy and being in shape.  I want to resume a regular work out
and take Maddie on at least 3 walks per week (which is completely doable). I also want
to try out a new exercise activity that I've never tried before.  It doesn't have to be
anything too tricky, just something I wouldn't normally try.  Another goal within this
goal is I want to run a 5K.  Another item which isn't a far reach for me.  It's just a matter
of taking the steps to get there.  Then I can look at taking this goal to the next step -
whatever that may be - and really getting myself into MY ideal physical shape.

3. Purge my closet:
This goal came about because of the 30 for 30 challenge.  Thank you Kendi!
That challenge made be think harder and longer about clothing purchases.
I started asking myself - How many ways can I remix this item? Is this something
I really need?  Can I wear this during more than just one season?  In asking myself
these questions I found that there are items in my closet that I rarely wear and
wouldn't be able to wear more than one way.  So, any clothing that I haven't worn
in the past 2 years will be donated, sold (blog sale!) or given away. I think this will
make me feel so much better and make me think twice about clothing purchases.

I think the only way to reach your goals is to make them attainable.
Don't make crazy out of reach goals that you simply won't be able to achieve.
Take small steps towards your ultimate goal and give yourself a pat on the back
for reaching those smaller goals.  Doing this will help you reach those larger goals
and will lay a foundation for keeping and sustaining them along the way.

Do you make goals each year?  What are your goals for the new year?

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Good luck with your goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first two goals are on my list for 2011 as well. My church attendance is hit and miss these days and I always feel so much better when I go on a regular basis.

    As far as the physical fitness goal goes, I'm right there with ya! I have a trip coming up in February and a wedding to go to this summer, not to mention my 10 year high school reunion this year (yikes!), and I want to be not only thinner, but be healthier and feel better about myself by the time all these roll around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! You have great goals for 2011. I definitely have some of the same ones!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I always love hearing from my readers!