A few weekends ago I decided my roommate and I needed some snacks to
eat during the football game. And I knew exactly what to make!
My boyfriend's mother gave me this recipe and let me just tell you -
These sausage stars are irresistible!
The recipe is super easy and great for holiday get-togethers!
If left alone with these sausage stars I could
probably definitely eat the whole pan!
- 2 cups (1 pound) cooked crumbled sausage
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup prepared ranch dressing mix
- 1 can (2.25 oz) sliced olives
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper (I used the pre-chopped tri-color peppers)
- 1 package fresh or frozen won ton wrappers
- Vegetable oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- After cooking sausage, blot it dry with a paper towel and combine sausage with cheeses, salad dressing, olives and peppers.
- Lightly grease a mini (or regular) muffin tin and press one won ton wrapper in each cup. Brush won ton wrappers with oil.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from tins and place on baking sheet. Fill with sausage mixture.
- Bake 5 minutes or until bubbly. Makes 4 to 5 dozen.
These are seriously so yummy! I wish I had some right now!
For those of you who don't know, my boyfriend and I live in cities two and
a half hours away from each other and since we both work all the time
it's hard to find a weekend where we can spend time together.
So thank you. Thank you to everyone who left the sweet comments about
my "blogging funk". After spending the weekend with my boyfriend and being
able to relax a little I feel much better and my brain actually feels a little more at ease!
Happy happy Monday!