A few nights ago I was trying to figure out what to wear to work the next day.
Sometimes it is such a tedious task!
Why can't I just have everything from the J. Crew catalog?
After going through a few different options I came to the
conclusion that my outfit needed a little something extra...
AHA! A headband of course!
So, let's see what you need to make one for yourself!
1. Hot glue gun (& extra glue just in case!)
1. Fabric of your choice
2. Felt in a coordinating color
3. A plain headband
1. Take the felt and cut out the shape of your choice. You will need to
cut out 2 of the same shape. The first one will be used for the base of your
fabric flowers and the second will be used to hide the underside of the first.
2. You will need to cut out approximately (26) 2" squares from
your fabric. These will be used to make the fabric flowers. You can use
as many or as little fabric flowers as you want to get the look you want!
3. Cut the corners of your fabric squares so that your squares have rounded corners.
It doesn't have t be perfect!
4. Take one fabric square and pinch the center like this:
5. Take a second fabric square and pinch it over the first fabric square.
Now you'll have two fabric squares pinched giving it a layered look.
6. Taking your needle and thread, run it through the pinched portion of your
fabric flower so that is stays in place. I ran mine through 2-3 times per flower.
7. After you've repeated steps 4 - 6 with all of your fabric squares
you will now need to attach each fabric flower to one of the
pieces of felt. Use your needle & thread to do so...
8. After you've attached each flower to the first piece of felt you will
need to hot glue the underside of the felt to your headband. It helps
if you figure out exactly where you want the flower bunch to be placed
before you actually start glueing! Then attach the second felt piece as shown:
And you're done!
Now, how easy was that?!?!
I hope you all enjoyed this tutorial!
If you do this tutorial please send me pictures! I'd love to see your work!
Tomorrow? DIY Jewelry Holder!
Happy Tuesday! :)