Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

My four-legged little girl

So, I know this post doesn't have anything to do with fashion or decor,
but it is a large part of my life that I enjoy everyday...


My dog Maddie.

Maddie is a rescue dog.  She is a 2 year old black lab - schipperke
mix, but gets mistaken for a black lab puppy all the time.


I saw a commercial on TV today that just
made me think about what a rescue dog goes through
before they are adopted into a good home and
it made me think about my rescue dog.

Each morning when I get up I start getting
ready and Maddie watches her "Momma".



And each night when I get home she is thrilled when
I walk in the door.  And super excited when I grab her
leash and take her on a walk.  And ecstatic when we settle
in on the couch to watch some good ol' TV.  And she is
completely content at the end of a long day when she gets to
cuddle up on the bed and fall asleep (she also likes to snore!).


You don't know what your rescue dog goes through before
you adopt it, but you can do everything in your power to make
sure that you've given it the best home it could possibly have now.



Whatever Maddie went through before she was mine
made her grateful for everything she has now.

Everyday when she looks up at me I can tell she's saying,
"I'm a lucky dog! Thanks for saving me mom!"

But honestly, I'm the lucky one here :)



2 comments:

  1. Thank you, now I have a rescue complex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww she is so beautiful! Sounds like she has a loving home now which will make up for anything she went through before!! She looks so happy & content :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I always love hearing from my readers!