Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mini Bathroom Makeover!

It's the moment we've all
(or maybejust me)
have all been waiting for!

My mini bathroom makeover!

So, since I live in a rental I can't paint my walls.
But I can change others things...

Here are the before pictures:


Bluh. (Please disregard the wrinkles!)


Boring. Yawn.


Lifeless hand towels.


So, what did I do mix things up??

First, I bought some Krylon spray paint in white.
As my roommate and I say,
"It's Spring!  Spray painting season!"

I bought these shower hooks at T.J. Maxx for $5.


Then I took the mirrors from above my toilet
and spray painted those bad boys...


Ahh...Much better!

So are you ready to see the after pictures?


Much better!

I added a ruffle to the bottom of these $2.99 for
four white hand towels from Target.
(I'm still working on putting the ruffle on the bottom
of the $2.99 for two regular towels)



The monogrammed linens over the towels I purchased
at a local marketplace for $5 each a few months ago.



I picked these bottles up for $3 each when we visited
Carmel Beach back in February of this year.


I then picked up this iron garden tray
from Hobby Lobby for only $5!


I love birds.  Not in real life - just in pictures!
I picked up this print from an old
book in Monterey, CA for $6.

I had the frame sitting around the apartment...


And here is the finished product...


The ruffled shower curtain is from Bed Bath & Beyond.
My mom bought it for as part of my birthday present :)



Such a lighter and more "airy" place!

I'm in the midst of making over another room in
my apartment that I can't wait to share with all of you!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!



4 comments:

  1. Wow Kelley! Your bathroom makeover is fantastic! Your accessories make a huge difference! I really love your shower curtain and the monogrammed linen! Just gorgeous, well done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! It looks so good! You really have a good eye for what looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the layered towels and all the ruffles. Soothing...which is the perfect look for a bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much for your sweet comments! I'm sure there's still a few things I'll tweak here and there, but I'm glad my bathroom finally feels calm and collected :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I always love hearing from my readers!