Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pretty in Pink


The thought of having pink in the home used to instantly remind me of that awful baby pink in little girls' rooms or the rose pink that was trending during the mid-1990s.  Well, not anymore people.  We're now seeing these beautiful tones of pink in homes in a way that doesn't make our husbands grumble (as loudly).

I absolutely love the look of the punch of pink in these chairs' upholstery and the book on the vignette in the first photo!  They are both matched with these lovely "manlier" tones that seem to balance out the girlish pink.



I've also seen quite a bit of pink sofas lately - a look which I am loving.  As much as I would love one in our home, I don't think I could convince the husband.  But I'll keep it on the back burner for a rainy day...




If you don't want to take the plunge and do a piece of furniture, you can always incorporate pink into pillows or small pieces of furniture.  It's a wonderful way to add color in small doses!




Since we've started moving in to our new rental house (have I mentioned that?) I have decorating on the brain.  Adding pink elements into our home is definitely happening - sorry honey :)

Would y'all add pink into your home?  Do you already have it?  I'd love to see how you guys have decorated with pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I always love hearing from my readers!