Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Recipe: Sausage Stars


Not only are these sausage stars easy, they are insanely addicting! I had blogged about them before (a long, long time ago), but thought they were worth another blog post.  Yes, they are that good.  Yes, you will gain 5 lbs. from eating an entire pan of them.  And yes, you can thank me (or yell at me) later  :)


Sausage Stars


Ingredients:

1 pound sausage, cooked and crumbled
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese (do not use pre-shredded)
1 1/2 cups grated Monterrey jack cheese (do not use pre-shredded)
1 cup prepared ranch dressing mix (make sure to use the dry ranch packet)

1 can (2.25 oz) sliced olives
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
1 package fresh or frozen won ton wrappers
Vegetable oil

Instructions:

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.

After cooking the sausage, blot it dry with a paper towel.  In a large bowl, combine sausage with cheeses, prepared ranch dressing, olives and red peppers.  Set aside.


Lightly grease a mini or regular muffin tin and press one won ton wrapper in each cup.  Brush won ton wrappers lightly with vegetable oil.  
Bake for 5 minutes.  Remove from oven.

Fill won ton wrappers with sausage mixture.  Bake 5 minutes or until bubbly.  Makes 4 to 5 dozen.

Bon appetit!



1 comment:

  1. So it's not even 9am here and I saw these photos and now I'm starving!! These look amazing and I can totally see how one could consume an entire pan-full :)

    BTW, thank you for your sweet comment on my blog regarding my dog Bogey. I really appreciate it... xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I always love hearing from my readers!