Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Apple Brie Panini Recipe


I'm just going to go ahead and let you in on a little secret.  This sandwich is life changing.  Really.  This sandwich will make you a better person.  More in tune with God.  With yourself.  With others.  So, I don't think it comes as any shock that I'm going to need you to make this sandwich.  Amen.

Really, though, this sandwich was so simple.  Just 5 ingredients (6 if you count sea salt, but let's not get all technical here).  I found the initial recipe here and just adapted it to my own taste a bit.  So, on with the recipe....


Apple Brie Panini


Baguette or Hoagie roll (sourdough would taste great!)
Brie (enough to cover one layer on the sandwich, 2 - 3 oz.), cut in slices
1 granny smith apple, cut in slices
handful of arugula
2 tablespoons of honey (I suggest clover or orange blossom honey)
sprinkle of coarse sea salt

Take your baguette or hoagie and slice it in half (long ways).  Spread the inside of both sides of the bread with honey.  On the bottom bread slice, place the sliced brie and sprinkle with coarse sea salt.  Then, add a layer of the sliced apples, top with arugula and add more honey to your taste. Place the top bread slice on top.  Grill on a panini press or George Forman grill, making sure to grease it first.  Grill 3 - 6 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is crispy.  Bon appetit!

Note: You can also try it without grilling.  It's delicious, too!  But that melty brie cheese just seems to warm the soul :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I always love hearing from my readers!