Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Montgomery: Part 2


The inauguration began after a two hour parade with many organizations
and schools across the state participating.  I was so happy I had a reserved
seat during this portion of the day - my feet would have been killing me otherwise!


We were relived that the weather man was incorrect - it turned out to
be a beautiful sunny day with just a few clouds!  The weather was perfect!

We took a private tour (aka - the boyfriend walked us around) of the capital.
This was my favorite part...


This is the dome of the capital building.  Isn't it amazing?
I could stare at it for hours on end.  Ahhhh....


My mom and I decided to head out to a little area of Montgomery known
as Cloverdale.  They have the most adorable little shops, cottage homes
and an uh-mazing church.  Just take a look for yourself...





Gorgeous, right?  The pictures really don't do it justice.
The best part is that this church is tucked in a little wooded neighborhood.
I would love to be able to walk out my front door and see this gorgeous piece
of architecture right down the street from me.  I wish y'all could have been there!

Now, I'm hoping I can post some pictures from the Inaugural Ball...
I'm just waiting on my mom to send them to me...Ahem ahem.
Did you hear that mom?  I'm waaaaiiitiinnngggg :)

To see Part One of Montgomery just click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I always love hearing from my readers!